From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-11 12:02:13

Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The new iterator adaptors appear to have been checked in
> to the main boost CVS.
>
> The boost build setup appears not to take header-file dependencies
> between libraries into account.

In what sense? If a C++ source file includes a header (even
indirectly) and the header changes, the source file should be
recompiled. No recompilation is neccessary just because an
application links to a built library whose sources include a header
file that changed.

> Therefore, in order to produce a valid test run for publication, you
> should completely remove all binaries etc. (ALL_LOCATE_TARGET) from
> the previous run so that everything is regenerated.

That's weird. Shouldn't be needed, though Boost.Build *is* unable to
see through some indirect inclusions done by the PP lib, for example.

> The following libraries are now broken and should be fixed:
> - filesystem
> - graph
> - multi_array
> - random_demo
> - signals
> - tokenizer
> - utility
>
> The boost documentation appears to still be out-of-date.

Yep, we're dealing with that.

> David Abrahams gave these documentation links in his
> contribution to this list date 29 April 2003:
>
> http://boost-consulting.com/writing/facade-and-adaptor.html
> http://boost-consulting.com/writing/new-iter-concepts.html

There are also copies of these in the Boost CVS now
(libs/iterator/doc/).

> Just a general heads-up. (I decline any involvement with
> iterator adaptors.)

Decline or disclaim (or both)?

--
Dave Abrahams