From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-12 17:15:52

Brian McNamara wrote:
> If and when I get FC++ ( http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~yannis/fc++/ ) into
> Boost, FC++ has the same kind of selectors you've shown above (named
> "fst" and "snd", as in Haskell). Whereas these function objects also
> cannot be used with STL algorithms requiring adaptables (for the reason
> you mention above), it can be used with the analogous algorithms in
> FC++, since the FC++ infrastructure enables return-type-deduction for
> template function objects.

So do Boost.Lambda and Phoenix infrustructures, and unification of these
is proposed for the TR1 -

http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1454.html

> I've been working on "boostifying" FC++ this past week (adopting naming
> conventions, reusing Boost code, etc.) and will hopefully get a
> Boost-ful FC++ version up for review in the next two weeks or so.

Since the experts on the subject are silent, I thought it's worth to point
out that the Phoenix framework, which is a part of Boost.Spirit
(http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/phoenix/index.html), is highly
influenced by FC++, so it might be worth looking at it to see how much of
the work can be reused between these two.

Aleksey