From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-12 18:19:42

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> At 04:17 PM 7/12/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>
> >> A single-pass iterator is required to support r++ (inherited from the
> >> incrementable iterator requirements), but I guess that we've
> >> unintentionally dropped the requiremnt for *r++ of readable
> >> single-pass iterator, by allowing incrementable iterators to return
> >> any type convertible to const X&. I think it should require that the
> >> return type be X, the Assertion/Note/Precondition/Postcondition column
> >> should be labelled "Operational Semantics" and the lower right entry
> >> should be moved to the middle column. The same goes for the
> >> lower-right entry of each of the following two tables.
> >>
> >> I'm going to make those changes; if there are objections, please let
> >> me know ASAP.
> >
> >Done.
>
> In the main CVS? iterator-categories.html is still dated several days
> ago. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

I guess so. Why would I be editing a document in the multi_array lib?
I don't understand it, but Ron Garcia seems to have a fondness for
checking duplicates of information that is hosted elsewhere into his
library's tree. The source for that paper is kept in
libs/iterator/docs/new-iter-concepts.rst and I keep an HTML version
up-to-date at
http://www.boost-consulting.com/writing/new-iter-concepts.html.

--
Dave Abrahams