From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-15 12:19:08

David Abrahams wrote:
> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> When we released 1.30.0, despite extensive pre-release testing, it
> went out with several prominent showstopper bugs. Don't you think
> we'll make the same mistake for 1.31.0? Also, AFAICT 1.30.1 can go
> out much, much sooner.

I agree with Dave here. To me there is another good reason for doing
minor releases more frequently. Neither the next major release nor the
CVS state is likely to help most of the people who use Boost in their
projects.

I guess that there are a lot of projects out there that cannot allow for
an interface change in one of the core libs every couple of month. So
they really need bugfix only releases if showstopper bugs are found in
the last release.

Just my 2c

Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Witt
Institut fuer Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau und -betrieb, Universitaet