From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-16 07:38:45

Alisdair Meredith wrote:

> Spirit has also just released its next version, should this also be
> integrated into any boost 1.30.1?

Yes, Spirit 1.6.1 should be incorporated into a Boost 1.30.1
release (if we actually decide to release 1.30.1).

> [I will ask same question on Spirit list, and direct discussion back
> here]

Alisdair, I think most (if not all) Spirit developers have also
subscribed to this mailing list.

>>Only *critical* fixes to the 1.30.0 release.

Spirit 1.6.1 only fixes bugs of Spirit 1.6.0, no features have been
added.

Boost.Spirit users would benefit from a Boost 1.30.1 release. However,
Boost 1.30 users can replace Boost.Spirit with the contents of
Spirit 1.6.1. So, from this point of view, a 1.30.1 release is not
necessary.

Personally, I think 1.30.1 would be a good thing to have. My impression
is that many people try to access the Boost CVS in order to pick
some fixes that were made right after the release of Boost 1.30.
Given the lousy quality of public CVS access we're experiencing at
the moment, users will likely appreciate a 1.30.1 release.

Regards,