From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-17 22:19:16

On our mailing list page, we mention:

> For this list's members only, preliminary libraries under discussion
> are available from the YahooGroups Files section (formerly called the
> "vault").

This was OK when the main Boost mailing list was on YahooGroups (which
absorbed the original home of eGroups). However,

1. The mailing list moved to a different server.
2. Read-access to the "vault" was opened to all. (good thing)
3. Write-access is only available to those who signed up back when we
used YahooGroups? (confusing thing)
4. We've talked about copying currently-reviewed material to our
SourceForge web space. Should that be official? It may not be
necessary because the current "vault" is world-readable. And in both
spaces (I think), some people may need to ask another Booster with
access to do the uploading for them.

I think we need to clear up some things, and post the new policies to
the web site.

Daryle