From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-18 10:27:28

Russell Hind wrote:
> As I mentioned in another thread, we went this route and just shutdown
> the thread that had caused the exception so that hopefully we could save
> our data (this was on a high-throughput drugs screen system, not an
> academic exercise :) ), but ultimately when you get to logic errors like
> this, that logic error could have written to wrong memory memory. It

Well, your use-scenario is of course reasonable and it makes perfectly
sense to abort the process. But the point is that it's not up to the
library to make that decision. I hope you can confirm that it was just
the mix up of assert() and BOOST_ASSERT() that caused our disagreement.
As I said, BOOST_ASSERT is perfectly fine for me...

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology