From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-18 14:15:02

Daniel Frey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that some users (me? :) might want to use
> BOOST_CURRENT_FUNCTION only when it contains a meaningful value.
> Thus, it probably makes sense to provide BOOST_HAS_CURRENT_FUNCTION
> (or should it be called BOOST_PROVIDES_CURRENT_FUNCTION?) to reflect
> this.

There is currently no BOOST_HAS_CURRENT_FUNCTION since the idealistic goal
has been to cover all widely used compilers one day, so that
BOOST_CURRENT_FUNCTION always has a meaningful value. This may prove to be
impractical, of course, but I'd certainly prefer patches that enable
BOOST_CURRENT_FUNCTION to work with more compilers over just adding
BOOST_HAS_CURRENT_FUNCTION. :-)

On the other hand, perhaps you have a use case that clearly demonstrates the
need for BOOST_HAS_CURRENT_FUNCTION?