From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-21 16:31:32

Bill Seymour wrote:
> - A second, which instantiates all the output-related templates,
> writes some interesting values like numeric_limits<decimal>::min()
> and tests the correct operations of the I/O manipulators and
> rounding modes (as arguments to operator<<), locales, and narrow
> and wide streams.

> - A third which instantiates all the input-related templates and
> does the same kind of tests except that the user will have to
> enter some ad hoc values.

What about a single program that writes to stringstreams, reads
the data back in (instantiates everything) and compares
the values prior and after the I/O?

> For the second and third test programs, because locale strings
> are implementation-specific, they'd be entered as command-line
> arguments.

I'm thinking about automated testing, so I'd rather have
a longish #ifdef list at the top of the program to deal
with the implementation-specifics than some funny command-line
parameters.

Jens Maurer