From: Gregory Colvin (gregory.colvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-21 23:54:29

I'm generally less afraid of automatic conversions than many others, and
dropped them from auto_ptr, and later from shared_ptr, only under
duress.
I like them for wrapper classes because they make it possible to drop
the
wrappers directly into existing code that uses the wrapped types. I
like
the terseness too, but then I am perverse enough to prefer &*p to
p.get().