From: Eugene Lazutkin (eugene_lazutkin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-22 01:00:35

Inline.

"Gregory Colvin" <gregory.colvin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I'm generally less afraid of automatic conversions than many others, and
> dropped them from auto_ptr, and later from shared_ptr, only under
> duress.
> I like them for wrapper classes because they make it possible to drop
> the
> wrappers directly into existing code that uses the wrapped types. I
> like
> the terseness too, but then I am perverse enough to prefer &*p to
> p.get().

Amen. I concur. From my experience this is very useful tool, if used right.
I think smart handles should implement them to be truly useful.

Thanks,

Eugene

PS: I still remember days when "gurus" recommended to avoid templates
because "these glorified macros are hard to use and they are source of code
bloating". For both cases "experts" had excellent convincing examples. But,
well... :-)