From: Gabriel Dos Reis (gdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-26 15:43:02

"Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_[hidden]> writes:

| >|
| >| What don't you understand in the expression "isnan is a private function"?
| >
| >What being private has to do with being trapping or not?
| >
| Guillaume point is that this isnan(), being an implementation
| detail, is known to never recieve a sNAN, so it does not has to

No, that is not exactly what is beind discussed. He is assuming isnan
will not receive an sNaN.

| Your point I can't understand though.
|
| Are you saying that an isnan() could trigger a sNAN trap even if it
| doesn't recieve a sNAN?

No. I'm saying that his implementation of isnan will trigger a trap if
the operand contains an sNaN -- as input. And yes, no normal
arithmeic operations would produce an sNaN. But, airthmetic
operations are not the only way to produce an interval.

I know the interval library is already accepted -- and yes I could
have made comments earlier, but for several reasons I could not.
However, I do think that it is still time to correct that sloppiness.

-- Gaby