From: Scott Woods (scottw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-26 22:26:30

[snip]
> Thanks for your comments.
> Don't worry, this is why I posted it here, to hear
> what other people think.

[snip]
> > Add to this the fact that nearly every C++
> > programmer already works with a
> > framework library depending on his implementation of
> > choice.
>
> You could have made the same argument before STL was
> invented. Nearly every C++ programmer already worked
> with some sort of private containers/algorithms.

Yes. Agree with most of what you say. Also hope that you
can bring something to completion. Identifying that magic "slice"
of the problem, might be the tricky bit.

Have made my own lame attempts at something like what
you are talking about. Rightly or wrongly they all ended up
involving state-machine technology. Couldn't deal with the
inherent async nature of GUIs without it. Has this been
considered? It is to be specifically avoided?

Good luck.