From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 07:08:23

Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:

[...]

> Because you have more control over individual listbox' entries. Take for
> example MS Excel. It is a spread sheet (list< list< entry<lineEdit,
> std::string> > >) with different popups on each entry, depending on its
> data type and other user-defined conditions.

In fact, it is more a multi_array<entry<...>, 2>...

> Even a listBox can be a list< list< entry<...> > > with hidden columns,
> etc.
>
> What I would like to see is a listBox of lineEdits, labels, or even
> pushbuttons or labeled checkboxes, like the Advanced Options in MS
> Internet Explorer.

[...]

Or a tree-like container for file management, etc.

By the way, this should be defined in the Boost Library:

template <typename T>
        struct tree
        {
                list<T> element;
                list<tree> children;
        };

You get the idea that you have more control of how you wish to represent you
container data & individual entries this way.

--
Philippe A. Bouchard