From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 18:20:24

> 1. events are very much part of the state machine
> issue.
> i mean, what is receiving the events and how do they
> respond to the events (at different times)?

The library would consider all events as independent
slots that need to be created by the app or
internally. It is similar to the MFC's message maps.
Any events that are processed by the library
internally will be processed as atomic (stateless)
actions (I hope).

> 2. is there potential to identify a "generic state
> machine"
> that can be part of your gui templates/library
> without
> getting tangled in the application specific
> machines.

The "generic state machines" are a must for any useful
GUI library. The proposed library will be the
foundation for creating the next layer that will
include "generic state machines". For example a list
control with editable labels needs to be defined in
terms of state machine as well as many other standard
constructions. But first we need to create a solid
set of building blocks.