From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 20:25:23

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of E. Gladyshev
> Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 6:34 PM
> To: Boost mailing list
> Subject: Re: [boost] Re: GUI/GDI template library
>
> I agree that one can derive other required ingradients
> from the ones that you listed, but it'll be your own
> "look and feel". In any case the proposed libary
> should not be focusing on the drawing issues at all.
> For example if it needs to create a list control. It
> should just call the GuiTraits::create_listconrol(...)
> function. It won't care how it is implemented.

I agree! Though I would prefer a syntax more like:

    boost::gui::list_control list; //creation details hidden

I also like another poster's idea of tying data types to controls.
Perhaps implemented on top of boost::gui::list_control -

    boost::gui::typed_list_control<employee> employee_list;

    employee_list.add_column("name", &employee::name);

Brock