From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-29 16:10:51

"John Maddock" <jm_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> The following may well be boost.build problems, but:
>
> There are tests showing up in the latest results that have been
> removed/renamed in the latest jamfiles.
> There are tests listed as lib build failures (Borland/Metrowerks on Win32)
Looking at
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/developer_result_page.html#regex
and
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm-links.html#libboost_regex-cwpro8

> even though the lib most certainly does build (the other tests for these

I don't see that the library builds OK for cwpro8. Strangely, Beman's test
results are fine.

> compilers are OK, and there is nothing in the logs for the lib build, and
in
> the case of Borland the tests build OK for me).

> There are tests shown as failures because bjam has not correctly forced a
> rebuild of the lib (specific to Linux - I can reproduce this - only
deleting
> the old .a and .o files clears the problem).
> So... can all the regression testers please delete the libs/regex/*/bin
> directories to clear these?

We always to "clean" builds, we delete everything, do fresh checkout from
CVS and rebuild everything except bjam.
The reasons for it are:

1. It seems to me that bjam doesn't seem to track all dependencies (i.e. the
dependencies on toolsets)
2. We wanted to make sure that what we are in complete sync with CVS.

Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering