From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-29 17:14:26

Dear Boosters,

We have found several problems with Boost when porting our codes to IBM
Power4 systems and to several Linux variants:

The first two patches (patch1, patch2) that are attached define some
missing static const data members that were declared in the Boost
random library but not defined. The IBM compiler complains about this.
Could somebody apply these patches.

The third patch (patch3) is a workaround for operators.hpp, since the
Boost PP library does not seem to work on the IBM. Is the preprocessor
library really needed for that name mangling:

#define BOOST_OPERATOR2_LEFT(name)
BOOST_PP_SEQ_CAT_S(1,(name)(2)(_)(left))

or couldn't the simple

#define BOOST_OPERATOR2_LEFT(name) name##2_left

be used which would make Boost more portable? If there are reasons why
the PP version is preferred? If there is a reason for the PP version
then could someone please apply the patch with the workaround?

Finally in the new version of graph_properties.hpp there is an #ifdef
that spans three lines (line 165). Could some please make this into a
one-line #ifdef. (patch4 is a crude version, what is the right "Boost"
way of doing this?)

With best regards,

Matthias