From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-04 19:24:23

E. Gladyshev wrote:
> I was wondering, has the boost comunitiy had a
> discussion about exporting/importing C++ classes from
> a DLL?

Exporting/importing C++ classes is completely implementation dependent, due
mainly to name mangling, and requires a DLL for a particular
platform/compiler/release to be built. I know regex++ does this for it's C++
classes, and I imagine all other implementors who export/import C++ classes
in their libraries also enable their code to be built for the particular
implementations they support using make files or bjam.

What discussion about exporting/importing from a shared library do you want
to have ?