From: Karel Gardas (kgardas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-05 03:30:22

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Pascal Bleser wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
> > >You've hit the nail on the head.
> > >My advice? Don't waste your time. Use GCC or some non-sick compiler
> > >for your platform, or, sadly, give up on Boost until HP gets their
> > >act together.
> > Dave's 100% right, AFAIC.
>
> Well, if things were that simple, we would have used GCC 2.x/3.x on HP-UX as well.
> Unfortunately, we have to link against 3rd party C++ libraries (Tuxedo (CORBA), actually) that have
> been compiled with aCC (*gasp* even with the old roguewave STL - they don't even have the std
> namespace).

Since CORBA provides IIOP interoperability, I would suggest to use some
different implementation in apps, where you would like to use boost+gcc
instead of Tuxedo. Any problem with using free impls like: MICO
(http://www.mico.org), omniORB (http://www.omniorb-support.com), TAO
(http://www.theaceorb.com)?

> This gets a little off-topic, but has anybody had any success linking together objects that have
> been compiled with g++ and aCC on HP-UX ?

I'm afaraid name mangling is different...

Cheers,

Karel

--
Karel Gardas                  kgardas_at_[hidden]