From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 11:27:14

--- Bohdan <gejrlaug_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Not really. Example:
> Link to static or dynamic (i mean import lib)
> thread library problem. This decision can be made
> only by linker option or by #pragma comment.
> IMHO, traits can't help here.

Traits have nothing to do with the lib-link problem it
in my sample.

> This means that they are
> not portable to other OSes and boost::thread
> has nothing to do with them. If i don't mind boost
> main objective is portability.

You just are not getting it :). My suggestion won't
make boost unportable. It'll simply let the user to
customize the class in a generic way. Do you see the
difference? Generic customization is one of the main
objectives of generic and template programming in
modern C++. IMHO when a modern C++ library doesn't
allow it (for no reasons practically), it looks
crippled.

> Anyway, if your implementation can't fix
> link-to-correct-library
> problems ... than what we are discussing ? :)
> I was thinking that THIS was discussion subject.
> Am i wrong ?

Sorry, you are wrong. This discussion subjects were
the link problem and be able to to use boost::thread
with my toy OS and/or with different threading models
without mocking with boost sources.

Eugene