From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 11:53:26

Beman Dawes wrote:

> I don't think people were against the idea of solving the problem, but
> rather there is a need for a unified prefix/suffix header solution such
> as John is suggesting. Developers need a "canned" solution; they can't
> be asked to code #ifdefs and pragmas for compilers they know nothing about.

I thought people were against it for reasons of setting up test cases
and such, not because of the implementation.

At the time, I assumed it would be a pre-header and post-header for each
compiler supported under boost. In that case, it would be good thing to
get in for the 1.31.0 release if possible. I can supply the options for
Borland but not other compilers.

Thanks

Russell