From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 16:08:46

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of E. Gladyshev
> Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 1:10 PM
> To: Boost mailing list
> Subject: RE: [boost] GUI/GDI template library

[...]
> > layer 1 - an abstraction of common GUI elements that
> > is at a lower level
> > than the 'domain specific sublanguage' of the
> > primary public interface,
> > but is implemented separately for each target GUI
> > API.
> >
> > layer 2 - The top level public interface is
> > implemented in terms of the
> > layer 1, platform independent API. There is only
> > one implementation of
> > the top level public interface.
> >
> > Does this sound better?
>
> It is exactly my preference... if, like you said
> before in your prev post, it is feasible to come with
> a nice layer one spec at all. I think it could be
> worth to try.

I bet we can. I think now we need to decide which *nix GUI API to use
and get started on a proof of concept.

Maybe we should decide which elements of the layer 1 API to implement
first. What do you think about: window, button, edit, and static_text?
We can get a simple sub-language running on top of those few controls
quickly enough.