From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 19:25:26

At 03:20 PM 8/6/2003, David Abrahams wrote:

>> A namespace alias of fs:: is used in an example on one of the doc
>> pages, and in some of the test and implementation code. Is that a
>> concern?
>
>Yes! People will be very confused, IMO. I clearly was.

Hum... It really makes the tutorial hard to read if all the fs::'s are
replaced with boost::filesystem::. How would you feel about the tutorial
giving a

    using boost::filesystem;

and then eliminating the qualification entirely? I was trying to avoid
that, as it isn't the best programming practice, but people are used to
simplification in tutorials so maybe it is OK.

I had thought the use of a namespace alias was the better solution.

>Ah, I haven't compiled anything yet. ;->

Oh:-! Well, that would clear up any confusion pretty quickly.

--Beman