From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 07:15:37

At 04:43 PM 8/7/2003, Daniel Frey wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:38:22 +0200, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> David Abrahams wrote:
>>> No, it means managing the next release.
>>
>> Um, no, I don't feel like I can handle that. Sorry. I'm sure it's a lot
>> of work and a big "Thank You!" to you for doing this job, but I think
it
>> requires knowledge which I don't have. And more time than I have, but
>> this seems to be everybody's problem... :)
>
>Just to clarify: I don't meant to reject volunteering to the release
>process in general. It's just that I am sure that I would make a mess of
>1.30.2 due to the tight shedule. Also, I need to learn more about some
>parts of boost that I don't feel comfortable with (yet).
>
>Anyway, if you really think I should/could manage a release, I suggest
>that I get more time and try my hands on 1.31.1 or something similar.

As far as 1.31.0 goes, I don't mind managing most of it. But what would be
a great help is if you (and anyone else interested) would volunteer to work
on patches/bugs/issues management.

There are really two aspects of this:

(1) Making sure that patches, bugs, and issues get dealt with. (I can
provide more details on what this involves.)

(2) Figure out a better way to track patches, bugs, and issues. Somehow we
aren't making use of available tools; we need to fix that.

Thanks,

--Beman