From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 07:46:53

At 07:30 PM 8/6/2003, Joel de Guzman wrote:

>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> >Actually for a proof of concept we could get by with just one.
>>
>> Given the major differences between underlying GUI API's, your really
>need
>> to be developing in parallel for both Windows and Linux right from the
>> start.
>
>And don't forget the Mac ;-)

For a "proof-of-concept", implementations are needed for enough of the
framework to make it obvious it can be make to work with GUI API's that
follow the same general model. Particularly the
event/callback/other-flow-of-control mechanisms. I know that Windows and X
Window are major API's that follow very different flow-of-control models.
Is the Mac sufficiently different to be an important proof-of-concept case?
Are there others?

--Beman