From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 14:25:18

"Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> At 07:30 PM 8/6/2003, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> [...]
> > And don't forget the Mac ;-)
>
> [...]
> I know that Windows and X Window are major API's that
> follow very different flow-of-control models. Is the Mac
> sufficiently different to be an important proof-of-concept case?
> Are there others?

I think Joel was mostly tongue-in-cheek there. When talking about
the Mac, you have OS X and pre-OS X. Personally, I think supporting
pre-OS X is about important as supporting VC6 for the next ten
years...doable, but maybe not the best investment of time and
resources. Pre-OS X can barely be considered modern operating
systems, which is why OS X has the mach kernel. Since OS X
uses X for the GUI, I think it's covered by "Windows and X".

Dave