From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 08:47:21

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Pascal Bleser
> Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 6:58 AM
> To: Boost mailing list
> Subject: Re: [boost] Re: UI++ [was: GUI sublanguage; Re: GUI/GDI
template
> library]

[...]

> Something like wxWindows ? ;)
> http://www.wxwindows.org/
>
> It's an enourmous amount of work, because the APIs are just (almost)
> completely different, so you
> need to encapsulate the whole crap.
> Eventually, a template-based approach could simplify some
implementation
> work but nevertheless...
>
> Do we need another wxWindows ?
> It's C++, portable, free (LGPL), it has Python bindings, ... huge...

I'm going to spend some time looking at it. Maybe wxWindows could be
bottom layer of our implementation. It would give us more time to focus
on the more interesting parts of our library.

I'm afraid we may regret it later if the library is not all boost. For
one thing, I don't think the LGPL is compatible with boost license
requirements.