From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 08:53:48

Brock Peabody wrote:

[...]

> No and no. It actually only works on MSVC 6 because that is what we
> use
> at work - until next week. I can't wait! I took the library from
> work
> code and put it out there just so people could toy with the syntax a
> little.

In theory, would it be possible to easily port it to another compiler?
I have Visual Studio 7 but not everybody has it.

> The interface example is in "boost_gui_test/dialog.cpp".
>
> In the example code I support combinations of row(), column(),
> group(), static text, and edit(), and date_time().

Maybe we could start be taking a portable paint device; rectangles, fonts,
frames & events and we could mix your code to it portably. We could then
implement groups, line edits, ..., Excel ;)

I suggest taking maybe some classes of WxWindows or Qt for basic portable
[x1, y1, x2, y2] paint devices. This would be a beginning.

Philippe