From: Pietrobon Marcello (teiffel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 19:59:59

Hi,

I would like to say one word about the VCF library.
I know it is totally unknown to most of people.

I didn't see any comments beside the one of Bohdan.
VCF is an extremely good GUI multiplatform library.
And even if it is not yet at version 1.0, yet it does let people to program very
fast with a very small learning time.
And gives to people a big flexibility, because it is very scalable
I was sceptical before using it, but now I am not.
I am using the VCF in production work and I am very happy with that.

The VCF uses the BSD license which essentially means that you can do everything
you want with that code

You might get some good hints from that library, and experience.

I signalled this boost thread to the leader of the VCF library.
He's available for giving you more informations if you desire.
His contact informations are:
Jim Crafton <vze2mwj7_at_[hidden]>

or, in the evenings:
IRC server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #vcf

About widgets...
VCF usually wraps the native ones, like in the case of a list view
But in some cases it is much less work to write it from scratch, like in the case
of the ComboBox control.

Hope it helps,

Marcello