From: Steve Hutton (shutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 18:04:34

In article <004401c35db8$09f4ce30$580a10ac_at_[hidden]>, Brock Peabody wrote:

>> I suggest taking maybe some classes of WxWindows or Qt for basic
> portable
>> [x1, y1, x2, y2] paint devices. This would be a beginning.
>
> I'm sure we could learn something at least.

Note: Qt is GPL, WxWindows is (modified) LGPL.

Obviously, there are potential licensing issues with creating a
new implementation modeled after GPL/LGPL code. Studying the
interfaces and documentation is probably fair game, but copying
from the source has license implications for your library.

On the other hand, if you create a derivative work that links
to low level classes of one of these existing libraries, you
could release an initial prototype under the matching library
license, then later replace the low level classes with your own
and change the license to a boost compatible one.

Steve