From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-09 16:27:52

--- John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Basically, I don't think you should be concerned
> about data at such a low
> level.
>
> I think there should be a layer that represents gui
> objects (windows, views,
> controls, dcs, etc.), and ON TOP OF THIS, have
> representations of data,
> based on real-life scenarios.
>
> Like, for a list_control that should show employees,
> we would expect it to
> show an array of employees. Therefore, have a
> list_control_with_data< employee> employees_list;

Thanks for taking a look at it.
Good point. Actually your suggestion is not different
from mine.
Your code:
list_control_with_data< employee> employees_list

My code:
edit<int> tst;
tst << 1;

The confusion is that your interpretation (more
traditional) of a modern GUI framework is a bit
different from notus. We are not concerned with
building low-level controls. The low-level
implementation is basically proveded by the platform
(Mac, win32, etc.). Notus is just going to be using
it. Notus's objective is exaclty to connect the
'real-world' data (STL containers, etc) to the
low-level GUI. In fact, the data-GUI connection and
data/GUI management policies IS a low-level for notus,
below is just a presentation layer. Traditional GUI
toolkits are mostly concerned with the presentation
level, notus is not! (well to a degree)

Eugene