From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-10 15:46:23

At 01:32 AM 8/9/2003, Daryle Walker wrote:

>I uploaded a new test file for the I/O state saving classes over a
>month ago. How do we get the regression test guys to use the new file
>instead?

Add to or otherwise modify the Jamfile that drives the test?

Looks like the io tests are specified in boost-root/status/Jamfile:

     run
       libs/io/test/ios_state_test.cpp
<lib>../libs/test/build/boost_test_exec_monitor # sources
       : # args
       : # input-files
       : <runtime-link>static # requirements (static runtime required by
Metrowerks)
       ;

So add another test or change this one.

The "regression test guys" just run bjam against the Jamfile. It is up to
library maintainers to make Jamfile changes when needed.

When a library grows beyond a single simple test, it becomes worthwhile to
set up a test directory with its own Jamfile. Look at say filesystem for
how it is done.

--Beman