From: brock (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-10 17:42:46

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
<boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: UI++ [was: GUI sublanguage; Re: Re: Re: Re: GUI/GDI
template library]

[...]

> Well, a Vice-President is normally an officer of the corporation, so can
> give permission. I'm not quite sure "thinks it's great" is what a lawyer
> would call "permission". To protect yourself, you might want to be sure
the
> VP understands that you have posted an excerpt from some code owned by the
> company.

Thanks for the advice Beman, it never hurts to CYA :)

This makes me wonder what the legal ramifications are of developing code for
a boost or other non 'work' project while at work? I also made it clear to
my boss, who is a good programmer and uses boost, that I planned on devoting
a significant amount of time to this new GUI project. Again, he thought it
was great. Should I get this permission formalized?

Thanks,

Brock