From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-11 06:37:59

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Assuming I'm release manager for 1.31.0, I'm going to publish explicit
>> release criteria for key platform/compiler pairs. Basically, the
>> criteria will be 100% accounting for all failures on those
>> platform/compiler pairs.
>
> While I totally support the failures markup goal, I would like to see
> _the_ release criteria to include "no regressions from the previous
> release" item as well, preferrably for all non-beta compilers that are
> currently under regression testing. Especially since now we have tools
> to ensure it.

I worry a little about requiring library authors not to regress on
compiler combinations they don't test with. For example, who is going
to address the one lexical_cast failure that's plaguing the 1.30.2
release? It's only on intel-7.1 with STLPort and looks for all the
world like a config problem.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting