From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-11 23:34:09

Hi Petr,

Petr Koèmíd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a problem with variant library simply including boost/variant,
for
> current anonymous cvs.
>
> Can be demonstrated by compiling a binary tree example from the doc page.
Both
> gcc 3.2 and 3.2.2 says:
>
> * In file included from boost/boost/variant/variant.hpp:25,
> * from boost/boost/variant.hpp:22,
> * from example.cpp:18:
> * boost/boost/variant/detail/forced_return.hpp:57: default argument
specified
> in explicit specialization
>
> I think problem is with BOOST_EXPLICIT_TEMPLATE_TYPE(void)
> Simply removing that workaround macro from forced_return works for me as a
> dirty workaround.
[snip]

I was recently made aware of this problem after
BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS was defined under gcc. (See
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg49973.php for the thread that
prompted this change.)

Anyhow, I've fixed the problem with variant, so if you update from CVS (also
make sure you update boost/config/suffix.hpp), everything should work as
desired.

Thanks,
Eric