From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-12 18:20:14

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> David Abrahams wrote:
>> >
>> > In that case, can I release 1.30.2? I don't like having the 1.30.1
>> > debacle hanging over my head.
>>
>> Can it wait a day or two? As regression maintainers, we are interested in
>> fixing this one.
>
> OK, it looks like simply integrating the main trunk version

Of what? intel-win32-tools.jam? I did ask Misha to try using that
with the RC_1_30 branch, but never heard back.

> will take care of it - http://tinyurl.com/jtpd. What would be the
> right way to do it in the CVS terms at the moment? Should we just
> follow the procedure in
> http://www.boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm, or there is more
> to it?

That procedure should work. If the 3rd step doesn't result in a file
with the same contents as your current state after "integrating the
main trunk version", you should make it so.

> (e.g. what's with this mysterious RC_1_30_2 tag?)

It's not mysterious but it is misnamed. Shoulda been RC_1_30_2a1.
IOW, it's a non-branch tag marking the first release candidate for
1.30.2. You can ignore it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting