From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-12 19:08:57

David Abrahams wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> >> Can it wait a day or two? As regression maintainers, we are interested
in
> >> fixing this one.
> >
> > OK, it looks like simply integrating the main trunk version
>
> Of what? intel-win32-tools.jam?

No, of the test in question, "libs/conversion/lexical_cast_test.cpp". The
current version in RC_1_30_0 is simply mis-configured in relation to the
newer header - and integrating from the main trunk will fix that.

> I did ask Misha to try using that with the RC_1_30 branch, but never heard
back.

You can consider my reply as "hearing back". We didn't miss your suggestion,
but simple examination of the test itself led us to what we consider to be a
more appropriate fix.

> > will take care of it - http://tinyurl.com/jtpd. What would be the
> > right way to do it in the CVS terms at the moment? Should we just
> > follow the procedure in
> > http://www.boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm, or there is more
> > to it?
>
> That procedure should work. If the 3rd step doesn't result in a file
> with the same contents as your current state after "integrating the
> main trunk version", you should make it so.
>
> > (e.g. what's with this mysterious RC_1_30_2 tag?)
>
> It's not mysterious but it is misnamed. Shoulda been RC_1_30_2a1.
> IOW, it's a non-branch tag marking the first release candidate for
> 1.30.2. You can ignore it.

OK, good to know, thanks.

Aleksey