From: graydon hoare (graydon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-13 07:31:17

Alexander Nasonov <alnsn-mycop_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:
>
> > There is another pipestream project you can take a look at:
> > http://pstreams.sourceforge.net/
>
> May be I missed something but this library is about reading from stdin and
> writing to stdout of other process. It's not about inter-thread pipes.

hm, yes, there appear to be two discussion threads tangled up here, I
too got this discussion confused with Jeremy Siek's thread "process
control, fork/pipe, etc."

an inter-thread pipe might also be referred to as a synchronization
channel, if you want to avoid confusion about names (pipes being a
particular OS object).

-graydon