From: Chris Trengove (trengove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 19:08:51

The documentation notes that BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG controls
the choice of the internal time representation, between the "split" (32 bit
integer + 64 bit integer) and "counted" (64 bit integer only) varieties. The
documentation also suggests that the split representation is the default.

However, my impression is that "out of the box" you wind up with the counted
representation, unless you manually define
BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG for yourself (which is not all that
convenient). I note that the file posix_time_config.hpp contains the lines

//Remove the following line if you want 64 bit millisecond resolution time
//#define BOOST_GDTL_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG

which perhaps really should read

//Remove the following line if you want 64 bit millisecond resolution time
#define BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG

The Jamfile DOES define this variable for building libboost_date_time, but
the apparent inconsistency doesn't matter since there are no time functions
in the library anyway.

Chris Trengove