From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-19 08:20:21

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:08:51 +1000, Chris Trengove wrote
> The documentation notes that BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG controls
> the choice of the internal time representation, between the "split"
> (32 bit integer + 64 bit integer) and "counted" (64 bit integer only)
> varieties. The documentation also suggests that the split
> representation is the default.

Yep.

> However, my impression is that "out of the box" you wind up with the
> counted representation, unless you manually define
> BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG for yourself (which is not all
> that convenient). I note that the file posix_time_config.hpp
> contains the lines
>
> //Remove the following line if you want 64 bit millisecond
> resolution time //#define BOOST_GDTL_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG
>
> which perhaps really should read
>
> //Remove the following line if you want 64 bit millisecond
> resolution time
> #define BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG

Yes, but you don't want to modify the source so this comment is misleading and
should be removed.

> The Jamfile DOES define this variable for building
> libboost_date_time, but the apparent inconsistency doesn't matter
> since there are no time functions in the library anyway.

Yes at the moment there is really no effect because the library doesn't
contain any time functions. It may not stay this way. And I agree that the
polarity of this seems reversed.

Jeff