From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-19 20:33:24

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:30:38 +1000, Chris Trengove wrote
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > Yes at the moment there is really no effect because the library doesn't
> > contain any time functions. It may not stay this way. And I agree that
> the
> > polarity of this seems reversed.
>
> For my purposes, the "split" representation is the one I want, since
> I am doing a lot of conversions to and from simple dates (so that
> very often the time_of_day part is zero). Hence the split
> representation is more efficient.

Ok, but you couldn't you just use date here?

> Also, you can use the special date observations (infinities, etc.)
> with the split representation, but not (I think) with the counted
> representation.

Interesting, you are correct it does not work. The fact is that the time
interface is incorrect because like date, ptime should allow special value
construction and queries directly. That's been on the todo list for awhile
now to handle this right, but the fact that this doesn't even work is not good.

Jeff