From: Paul Hamilton (paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-20 00:47:01

I managed to get my stuff built using all shared libraries on OS X, but
I came across the following problems:

- I had to hack "boost/format/feedargs.hpp" to remove the static
variable (I have explained in other posts why).

        - I am going to work around this by only having a single include point
for "format.hpp", but it will limit my further use of this.
        - I sent a message earlier about changing this code so that is does
something a lot simpler than it does, and it fixes my problem. Any
thoughts about that?

- I had to turn off optimization and inlines for the release build
because I was getting a bunch of "non-virtual thunk" errors in the link.

        - I will test with the latest build from Apple to see if this goes
away, since when I googled I received lot's of "this is a compiler bug,
turn off optimization" messages.

But in the meantime, rather than needing to hack "darwin-tools.jam" to
turn off inlining/optimization, how do you change these for the default
build?

I tried this in my Jamfile:

dll cppxmlobjlib : $(XMLOBJ_PATH)/$(CPP_SOURCES).cpp
                        <lib>../libs/cpppersistxmllib
                        <lib>../libs/cpppersistlib
                        <lib>../libs/cppreflectlib
                   : <sysinclude>$(BOOST_ROOT) <find-library>expat <optimization>off
<inlining>off
                   : debug release
                        ;

But it gives me a warning saying that "<optimization>off" is not
compatible with <optimization>full.

How do you override those defaults?

Paul.

Paul Hamilton