From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-20 11:04:52

FWIW: I am using gcc 3.3.1 compiled from scratch with sources from gcc.gnu.org
under OS X. This works with full optimization (gcc 3.3 did not).

I didn't see your other messages, but I hope this is relevant: I had serious
trouble with multiple initializations of a static variable in the Boost.Python
library. Somehow I got it to work after hours of trial-and-error. See
boost/libs/python/src/converter/registry.cpp,
BOOST_PYTHON_CONVERTER_REGISTRY_APPLE_MACH_WORKAROUND.
It could be that the std::cout << std::flush trick is the main trick, I am not
sure, I only know it works the way you see it.