From: Juanma Barranquero (jmbarranquero_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-22 02:51:20

On 22 Aug 2003 09:03:50 +0200
Jarl Friis <jarl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That is not true! On the OS I am using it does not spread at all. All
> this is a *Windows* related issue/problem, please don't use this
> non-Windows forum to warn about security problems related to
> Windows. Do it in a windows forum.

I think you're wrong.

Steve Cleary's not talking about security, but convenience: he's said
that boost contributors whose e-mails appear in cleartext in the boost
sources are easily spammable by modern "e-mail scavenging" virus/worms.
He's right.

Dismissing his message because he wasn't thinking about non-Windows
systems does not make the (perceived or real) problem disappear. If you
do happen to contribute to boost, the fact that *you* don't use Windows
won't protect you against spam generated by worms in the Windows systems
of boost-using programmers ;)

                                                                Juanma