From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-25 17:22:36

--- Andreas Huber <ah2003_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[...]
> > BTW: Having separate heaps is one of the reasons why I could not
> > use boost::shared_ptr. I ended up writing my own. :(
>
> Yeah, I ended up using intrusive_ptr. Not always an option either ...

In fact it is not clear how to marry STL and boost::shared_ptr<>.
I love boost::shared_ptr but because of the lack of the allocator<>
concept, STL and boost just don't live together
(including other boost libraries).

I guess my question is that, is boost redefining the
memory management concepts that have been established by STL?

I am a bit suprised by small number of comments
from boost developers on this issue.

IMO, if boost is to become a C++ standard, we'd have
to resolve this conflict.

In the mean-time, what are the boost recomendations
on how to use STL and boost together?

I am really confused, am I missing something here?

Eugene