From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-26 09:03:45

Jaako,

Jaakko Jarvi wrote:

| Hi Boosters,
|
| We submitted enable_if for formal review in July. The library does not
| seem to be on the review queue,

It is in fact in the queue, only that the queue is only current in CVS.

| and maybe it is not worth a full
| review.

Let's introduce a fasttrack review for this kind of utility components
criteria and procedure will be as follows.

What components qualify for a fasttrack review

- - The technique must be already in use in boost libraries
~ thus the new component provides a common implementation

- - The component must be small

Procedure
- ---------

- - A full boost-conformant implementation is available in the sandbox

- - The submitter posts an fasttrack review announcement to the list
(should this go to boost-announce as well?). Review period should last
for 5 days. No two fasttrack review should run in parallel. Fasttrack
review may run during full reviews, though generally this should be avoided.

- - After the review period ended, the submitter will post a review
summary containing planned changes to the current implementation.

- - After applying all changes, the component will be checked in to cvs by
the submitter.

If nobody objects, I'll add this to our review policies.

Thomas

Boost Review Wizard.

- --
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Witt
Institut fuer Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau und -betrieb, Universitaet
Hannover
voice: +49(0) 511 762 - 4273, fax: +49(0) 511 762-3001
http://www.ive.uni-hannover.de