From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-26 11:19:02

Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Jaako,
>
> Jaakko Jarvi wrote:
>
> | Hi Boosters,
> |
> | We submitted enable_if for formal review in July. The library does not
> | seem to be on the review queue,
>
> It is in fact in the queue, only that the queue is only current in CVS.

Thomas, if you do not have write permission on the Boost website,
email me in private and I'll send you the password so you can update
the site at will.

> | and maybe it is not worth a full
> | review.
>
> Let's introduce a fasttrack review for this kind of utility components
> criteria and procedure will be as follows.
>
> What components qualify for a fasttrack review
> - ---------------------------------------------
>
> - - The technique must be already in use in boost libraries
> ~ thus the new component provides a common implementation
>
> - - The component must be small
>
> Procedure
> - ---------
>
> - - A full boost-conformant implementation is available in the sandbox

Or in Boost CVS, I hope... since if it's already in use it may
already be there.

> - - The submitter posts an fasttrack review announcement to the list
> (should this go to boost-announce as well?). Review period should last
> for 5 days. No two fasttrack review should run in parallel. Fasttrack
> review may run during full reviews, though generally this should be avoided.

No review manager intervention at all? Hmm, I'd rather you make the
announcement.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting