From: Ross Smith (rosss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-26 22:26:19

David Abrahams wrote:
> Ross Smith <rosss_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>David Abrahams wrote:

>>>The libraries that require thread support will be built with thread
>>>support. The others will not, unless <threading>multi has been placed
>>>in their default-build settings; <threading>single is the global
>>>default.
>>
>>Which leads to three questions:
>>
>>(1) How do we do this?
>
> Do what? Get all multithreaded libraries automatically with zero user
> intervention on the command-line? You convince the Boost developers
> who told me single-threading should be the default when I started
> Boost.Build that they were wrong, and I change the default.

What the hell is the matter with you? All I asked was how to set the
multithreaded option. I looked in the documentation and couldn't find
it. Are you too l33t to answer questions from mere users now?

>>(2) Why isn't it documented? Are users supposed to know about this bit
>> of voodoo by clairvoyance, or what?
>
> Yes.
>
>>(3) How many other undocumented gotchas like this are lurking in there?
>
> 63 and a half.

Yeah yeah. Just keep taking the tablets, as the good Lord said to Moses.

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand
     "I virtually never go out of the house with less computing