From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-27 12:48:19

--- Gregory Colvin <gregory.colvin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> They are currently customizable either by modification of the
> shared_count source or specialization of sp_counted_base_impl.

Is it documented?
If I modify the source or specialize sp_counted_base_impl,
will I have to distribute my custrom boost to
my template library users?
Will I have to implement and test my modification all over again
for each boost release?

> > Would not it be better to remove the Deleter from shared_ptr and
> > always require to use 'new' just to be consistent
> > and not to fool users? :)
>
> No, it would not.

Why not? It is consistent with Peter's and David's view of
Java-like memory policies.

Eugene